A nutritious diet and taking dietary supplements can significantly increase female libido. Complete dietary requirement of vitamins is necessary in the many metabolic functions of the body plus it is also important to sustain energy and virility in both sexes. Almost all vitamins are needed in increasing female libido; here are some of the most important:
• Vitamin A – this vitamin may not be directly related in increasing libido in women but it is necessary to maintain healthy skin, hair, teeth, mucus membranes and skeletal tissue. Known also as retinol, it is an important vitamin that produces pigments in the retina of the eyes. Vitamin A is also an antioxidant that can protect cells from damage; this can also be important in preventing premature aging. Taking enough of this vitamin can improve a woman’s self esteem indirectly improving her sexual appetite.
Vitamin A is also necessary to synthesize and maintain progesterone, a female sex hormone necessary to increase a woman’s sexual health and sexual functioning. Foods rich in vitamin A are carrots, papayas, mangoes, peas, milk, spinach and chicken liver. It is recommended that adult women get 4,000 IU of vitamin A daily.
• Vitamin B2, B6 and B12 – these water soluble vitamins are important in regulating mood, increasing energy and also necessary to overcome feelings of lethargy or depression. Vitamin B2 is necessary in maintaining skin and mucus membrane health; it is found in whole grains, eggs, milk and meat. Vitamin B6 on the other hand is also called pyridoxine; this vitamin is needed in the production of red blood cells. An adequate amount of red blood cells in the body may increase blood volume, directly affecting tissue oxygenation and health. This may also increase blood volume and blood flow to the many organs and tissues of the body namely the female reproductive organs as well as increasing female sex drive. Vitamin B12 is an integral factor in the processing of carbohydrates, proteins and fats plus it is important in red blood cell production as well.
The B complex vitamins are also needed to regulate the sex hormone testosterone which is also important in increasing female libido.
• Vitamin C – this water soluble vitamin has antioxidant effects that ensure reproductive organ and tissue health; this can indirectly increase female libido and sexual health. Vitamin C or ascorbic acid, also help maintain healthy immune functioning plus gives a boost of energy and vigor which affects mood and increases libido in both male and females.
Vitamin C is also important in balancing sex hormones such as androgen, progesterone and estrogen; these hormones are also related to fertility in women. Great sources of vitamin C are citrus fruits, tomatoes, leafy green vegetables and potatoes. There are also vitamin C supplements sold over the counter and it is recommended that women over 18 years of age get 75 mg of vitamin C daily.
• Vitamin E – this vitamin is important in increasing female libido; it has antioxidant properties that improves cell health, increases blood circulation and is also essential during female menopause. Vitamin E is known to ease menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness and itching, depression and also decreased libido. It is recommended that women who are at their menopausal stage take 800 IU of vitamin E daily to help ease menopause symptoms.
Vitamin E found in fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, green vegetables and wheat germ. There are also Vitamin E supplements plus skin and hair products that contain vitamin E as well.
• Magnesium -
• Zinc – this trace mineral is another important component of sexual glands in the both male and female. It is important in the production of adequate volume of testosterone in men and in maintaining normal sexual functioning of the female sex organs in women. You may get your daily supply of zinc when you eat foods like bananas, berries, nuts, eggs, fish, green vegetables, oysters, cheese, wheat germ, walnuts and many other foods. Adult women must take 15 mg of zinc per day to ensure a healthy sex drive.
There may be more vitamins and minerals involved in the many metabolic functions and processes in the body that may directly affect a women’s libido. Thus it is very important to have a healthy diet plus vitamin supplements to ensure good health and great sex. There are great benefits of having great sex and an amazing intimate relationship with your partner. Consult your doctor regarding use of vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy and boost your sex drive today.